Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Bandits Welcome Tessa Radley!

    posted by Beth

    Today I'm thrilled to have fabulous Silhouette Desire author (and dear friend *g*) Tessa Radley join us in the lair!

    Where is Your Personality Rooted?

    My Saxon Brides series is set against the background of a successful family-run winery, called Saxon's Folly. (Spaniard's Seduction, the second book in the series, is out this month, YAY!). And while I was writing the series I thought a lot about the French concept of terroir. It's the notion that the land from which grapes are grown gives a wine its specific personality, giving the final product unique qualities that are rooted in a firm sense of place.

    Something about this called to me. I mean, isn't that true of people too? Aren't we all influenced and colored by places we visit or live in?

    I know I am. I have clear memories of some places that have left a permanent stamp on me. So my sense of place, my terroir, is a little different from that of a wine in that it comes from more than one unique place. I've visited Boer War battlefields where today the veldt is deserted and only the cree-cree of cicadas break the African heat. The only evidence that blood was once spilled here are the metal ammunition cases that can still be dug out the ground—and the sense of desolation.

    Across the world in New Zealand, a walk through dense bush that ended at the sight of ancient Kauri trees spearing upward to meet the sky gave me another moment in a place that I will never forget. That grove of leafy giants demanded respect. For some reason the idea that these trees had already been alive before William the Conqueror arrived on English shores had a profound effect on me. I felt humbled and incredibly fortunate to stand in their presence. And then there are those marvelous, miraculous moments of laughter at the edge of the wavelets on a beach near my home with my family that will forever be part of me. So many places that have shaped my opinions and contributed to the person I am.

    So share with me the places that have had a huge impact on you. I'll draw one name from the comments section to win a copy of Mistaken Mistress, my Silhouette Desire October release. I'll be back in a while to talk some more.

    Tessa
    http://www.tessaradley.com/

    Thanks, Tessa! Okay, dear readers, let's hear from you!Source URL: http://idontwanttobeanythingotherthanme.blogspot.com/2008/11/bandits-welcome-tessa-radley.html
    Visit i dont want tobe anything other than me for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive