Saturday, November 1, 2008

Quiz Time!


    By Kirsten Scott

    As most of you know, I write young adult as well as adult romance, and I was recently writing a scene in which my heroine was lamenting her lack of personal style.


    “When I take one of those magazine quizzes, you know the ones, where they ask what kind of baseball hat you wear, and what kind of jeans you prefer – ultra low-riders, skinny, or baggy – I can’t even answer the questions. I wear whatever I pull out of the closet that doesn’t smell and won’t get me laughed out of school. But that’s never an option.”

    So I’ve been thinking about quizzes. I love quizzes. Is this egotistical? I love analyzing myself and then reading someone else’s analysis of myself and trying to decide if it’s right or not. I love magazine quizzes particularly, because they’re completely unscientific and absurd but somehow they’re always RIGHT ON.


    Here’s a good one that I just took – find your celebrity twin! (there’s a link embedded in the page; you have to click on the word “quiz”)

    www.glamour.com/beauty/blogs/girls-in-the-beauty-department/2007/06/whos-your-celebrity-twin.html

    I am sooooo Ashley Simpson.

    Then again I love the more scientific quizzes, too. Anyone else out there an ISTJ? Here’s something fun for any Myers-Briggs fans out there – light bulb jokes for your personal Myers-Briggs profiles. For examples, here’s one for all the INTJs out there:

    How many INTJs does it take to screw in a light bulb?

    Could you please define change? And what exactly do you mean by a light bulb?

    Oh, and here’s another fabulous quiz:

    www.gone2thedogs.com

    You go to this home page and then look on the right side for a black box that says “Click to play what dog are you.” You take a quiz and find out what breed of dog you are.

    Aren’t I pretty?

    So, did you take any of my quizzes? Any results to share? Anyone else share my love of reading someone else’s analysis of myself? Any other Canaan Dogs out there? Anyone else want to share their Myers-Briggs profile? I’ll tell you your light bulb joke to go with it!Source URL: http://idontwanttobeanythingotherthanme.blogspot.com/2008/11/quiz-time.html
    Visit i dont want tobe anything other than me for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive