Monday, November 29, 2010

Whore Me Out

    Ha ha ha, websites are linking to me!! Taking my traffic!! Can you believe that shit??

    Yeah, I do searches on the blog name: "The Further Adventures of Hobobob", and many times I get my web-page posts. And since I have been posting daily for several years (except for 2010) there are an astounding number of my posts out there on the Internet. Seriously. On a search of my title page, I get five or seven links to posts on my blog. This is probably how many people surf the web and find me. It's called a 'weighted search'. There are just so many references to my site, because of the mad number of posts, that I come up, top dog, every time.

    But, like I've told you before, the Internet is a hostile place for bloggers. I've noticed that I've been hotlinked to by other blogs. Yeah. Well, check this out. Because my blog has so many posts, this blog title is 'weighted'. Let's say you searched 'Adventures', you'll get me. Let's say you search 'Further', you'll get me. Hell, search something in my posts, and you'll get me. It appears to me that many bloggers are aware of this now and so, when they upload a post they make certain that the title: "The Further Adventures of Hobobob," is on that page. Oh and a score of others. I'm NOT saying I'm unique, I'm just saying that I'm in there, mostly in very small print. Sometimes it's not even a link. If you click on it, you go nowhere. It's just there to get picked up in a search request.

    So, what's it for? Well, when you search for me with my blog title, you'll get THEM TOO! There are a bunch of these spoofers out there, spoofing my search criteria. So you search 'Hobobob', you'll get them too in the search. Then you go there and find out that they are actually selling car tires and parts. Gotta love how these guys advertise. In ways that you can't possibly imagine. I never knew that I was being linked to high heaven just because of the traffic that I've built. Well, I didn't build shit. This American Life did. They changed my life, really.

    Now the question must be asked: Do I really care about these spoofers? Fuck no. Spoof my shit as much as you want. You make revenue off the Internet, then you're prostituting yourself. I'm not gonna cry because no body that hits my blog buys anything. They don't click on ads where I get a cent every time they do. I don't have a bike shop or automobile shop trying to sell parts to my traffic. What do I care? I just want to sit down and write. Write my ass off.

    And then, there are the others! Bloggers who have decided to track me, no doubt boosting their traffic for their ads on their pages. Those are the ones that I believe are mostly subscribers. They track every post I make and broadcast it out to the Internet. Many of them. I can't link them all. All absorbing traffic for their commercial interests. I'm being prostituted! Wow, I've never been pimped out before. Hmmm. The reason they do this is that content on the web is a premium. It really is. People like to read, well those on the Internet that is. And you don't have to be entertaining, just someone who posts alot, and you'll get readers interested in your blog and what other fucked up things you have to howl about.

    Yeah, that's the trick. Post as fucking often as you can, and you'll generate hits. People get bored fast, and if you stop for any period of time, they'll go elsewhere. Be a shark, never stop. Well, that's the world of the Internet for you. Always moving, always tearing the pancreas out of the slower moving animals in the pack.


    Unless you are just like me. You don't give a shit about money.

    HobobobSource URL: http://idontwanttobeanythingotherthanme.blogspot.com/2010/11/whore-me-out.html
    Visit i dont want tobe anything other than me for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive