Saturday, March 7, 2009

Defacement and Abolishment


    I wake up feeling pretty good.

    I look at the clock and it's Eleven O'clock. There went my Nine O'clock appointment to see the Doc. Fuck!! What is up with this all morning sleeping shit? I can't seem to open my eyes until after Ten. I think of blowing off the doc, but this is my weigh in day. I jump up and get ready. It doesn't take long for me to get to his office and with panting excitement I jump on the scale. It reads 223.6, a difference of three pounds from the Social Services weight scale. So, instead of a loss of Fourteen pounds, it's Eleven. Not bad still. That's what the Doc and I had wanted. A nice, measured weight loss.

    I'm out of the Doc's office and down to the lab just a few blocks away where I have my blood tested. I hate going to these vampires because they will fuck you up. No kidding. I know that all they are doing is hitting you with a needle, but shit, that shit hurts. The Nurses there are like visiting a machine that takes your blood. You sign your name, they call it, you walk into a room and sit down, they get out all of the fucking tools, you shit on yourself, BAM they hit you. It's over, I know, but damn, hand me a lollipop for not crying willya.

    Then I head to the library where I run into OBSIDIAN and we decide to head over to Madison Starbucks to get online. While there, I notice that THE WATCHMEN started playing in theaters nationwide today. Hmmm, I did say that I wanted to see that film as soon as it came out. I really do. I make a suggestion to OBSIDIAN who breaks out into a big grin: "Are we also going to stop for some hooch??" I didn't even think about taking Portables with us into the theater. It has been a long time since I had done that...a long time. Yeah, why the Hell not. Let's enjoy things for a change.

    We pack it up, head for the liquor store and snag a couple of Portables for the theater. Once there we buy tickets, which come out to $25.00. Fuck. When did movies start costing so much fucking money? We buy popcorn and small cokes to float the hooch. That cost $13.00....the hooch $10.00. That's twenty three...$48.00 and counting. I've got a little money, but I'm not a rich man. But shit, I really wanted to see this flick, so what the fuck.

    The special effects are amazing. The movie is better than I expected it to be. Although if you're not a comix fan, you'll probably find it long and tedious. But those are the breaks dudes and dudettes. Now it's been a long time since I've been out drinking like this, so you can probably appreciate that I'm somewhat of a pantywaist. I left with a pretty wide "HIT" to my head. It was a bad one. My brother and I headed back to Madison Starbucks where he was having laptop problems. The system would not switch over from hardware startup to operating system start. His response to a malfunctioning system? Beat on it.

    The thing is practically brand new and he's beating on it, slamming down it's top, smacking it around. I warned him, firstly that's not how you treat a problem with the system. It'll not change a thing. I fucked with it, and through FM (Fucking Magic) got it to work. I told him don't be too hard on the system because mine does the same. We sat and drank our beers that we bought on the way to Starbucks and went online, enjoying ourselves, until closing. We headed to the Way and parted at 96th Street.

    The night was cool, almost spring-like. It would soon be time for the weather to change. It will soon be springtime in New York. I wonder, as I stroll up the block, just where will I be during the spring? Will I still be living in the SRO then? Fuck, WECare is moving fast to eject me from it. The speed that they get you into the Job Farm is incredible. I just wished the speed of their getting you a job was as quick.

    And the fucked up thing is that as soon as they get you a job, THAT WEEK that you get paid, they CUT your benefits. That's it. That's WECare's total commitment to the state, and that is to process you, place you and then fuck you. Like I said, I can do better on my own. I putter around on line for a few minutes before crawling into bed and sleeping until Five O'clock in the morning. I get up, pace around my room, sit in my seat, start an email, but could not finish it and then crawl back into bed.

    Next, I wake up at Eleven, drooling all over myself. I simply hate it when I drool. It's disgusting. Eleven O'clock. I've got to stop waking up like this. I have no alarm clock in my house, because I don't know when I'll be hitting the streets again. There's no need for a bunch of shit that you can't sell or carry.

    I don't feel like eating. I surf, and get an email from OBSIDIAN. For reasons unknown he might not be at the SHOUT OUT today, but that he would leave behind my bag for me to carry to Madison Starbucks afterward. Now what kind of greasy kid stuff is this??? I sit back in my seat.

    I realize that I've spent nearly all of my cash.

    I have one TV Dinner in the refrigerator

    And a cabinet full of pies.

    HobobobSource URL: http://idontwanttobeanythingotherthanme.blogspot.com/2009/03/defacement-and-abolishment.html
    Visit i dont want tobe anything other than me for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive