Friday, March 13, 2009

How Woo Woo Are You?

    by Tawny Weber

    Woo Woo. Definition: Anything that falls into the category of metaphysical, superstitious or kinda wierd. (source - Tawny's lexicon of interesting phrases)

    I'm a big fan of woo woo. I always have been. I once dated a guy who couldn't deal with how 'woo woo' I was (direct quote) and wanted me to mellow out and get 'normal' (another direct quote). Ha. Haha, even. Needless to say, I stopped dating him. Because, much like my smart aleck mouth, my woo wooness is a part of me. You could say I was raised that way.

    I'm a tarot reader, a certified hypnotherapist, a Reiki Master, etc, and have been since my twenties. I'm even teaching a workshop on combining spritual (aka woo woo) tools with practical ones in writing. It's called Courting the Muse and it's happening online in April.

    And yet for some reason, people are always surprised when they hear what I do. The woo woo do, that is. Not the romance novelist do. That they seem to take in stride - apparently I look more romance novelesty than woo wooey (note the two new words to add to my lexicon). It's getting less of an issue over time, though.

    Unlike when I was young (so many many moons ago *snicker*) woo woo has pretty much found its way into mainstream society. A little credit probably goes to JK Rowling and her amazing Harry Potter books and movies, to say nothing of the overwhelming popularity of the paranormal romance and fantasy sub-genres (Twilight anyone?). TV shows like Supernatural, Charmed, The Ghost Whisperer intrigue us. The power of positive thinking is a well-used phrase and visualization / affirmations are terms found in such accepted business books as The Success Principles by Jack Canfield. Homeopathic and natural remedies are more accepted now, too.

    How about you? Are you into woo woo? Are you a closet woo wooer or pretty out there about it? Do you read your horoscope or have you ever seen an intuitive (tarot reader, psychic, etc)? Have you ever been hypnotized? Or - oh oh, here's one *g* Have you ever read The Secret? Now that is one woo woo book, let me tell ya!! Do you ever use visualization to achieve a goal? Or even carry a good luck charm?

    C'mon, share your woo wooness with me. *g* I'll even throw in a prize. I'll choose one random name to win free attendance in my April online workshop, COURTING THE MUSE.Source URL: http://idontwanttobeanythingotherthanme.blogspot.com/2009/03/how-woo-woo-are-you.html
    Visit i dont want tobe anything other than me for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive