Monday, November 16, 2009

To Be or Not to Be...

    by Christie Kelley

    Organized that is. I spent Sunday afternoon attempting to reorganize my kitchen. It's been about a year and a half since I moved out from my old kitchen into the new kitchen. I told myself that I would organize everything over the winter.

    I meant last winter.

    But it got me thinking about organization. I'm a somewhat organized person. Well, not according to my husband, but he is a super-organized person. I do like things to have a place especially in the kitchen. The only problem with that is I don't unload the dishwasher all the time. So I'm dependent on one of the three boys (that includes DH) to put things where they belong.

    It rarely happens.

    So what makes one person more organzied than others? After living with Mr. Organizer for 25 years, I have one theory. It's called the memory theory. While I might have a pile of papers on my desk, if someone needs one of those pieces of paper, I can find it in a minute. Because I remember where I put things. If I ask Mr. Organizer for a paper I know he has in his office, he has to sort through several files and try to figure out where he might have put it. He doesn't remember.

    Now, having too many piles on my desk can drive me nuts. I'm pretty much at that point. My office is going to be reorganized next weekend. Usually after I finish a book, I do a thorough clean out of my office. That didn't happen when I turned in Scandal of the Season. I had to start book 5 (hopefully, some day it will have a title) immediately so the clutter continued to accumulate.

    So what do you think? Are you an organized person, somewhat organized person or completely disorganized? Any comments that being organized is based on memory capacity? Source URL: http://idontwanttobeanythingotherthanme.blogspot.com/2009/11/to-be-or-not-to-be.html
    Visit i dont want tobe anything other than me for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive