Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Psychos, Titties and Wine


    There is just something interesting about Spring.

    It sneaks up on the city, almost springing up, like it's name. One day it's cold and fucking raining, then the next, it's pleasant and sunny. This is April in New York. This is the coming Spring.

    You have to love the Spring in the city. People seem to be more animate, more in motion. Things move differently during this time of the year. Even the sun in the sky moves differently than in the Winter months. The grim days are almost over, giving way to the heat and acrid air of the season. Soon, it will be too hot for words. This is going to be a long, hot Summer.

    This is a time for young men to chase things: chase money, chase butterflies, chase naked women for god's sake. IT'S FINALLY SPRINGTIME. My brother told me of an interesting statistic the other day. What does all of these psycho gunmen who walk into public or semi-public areas with enough weaponry for a police precinct and start firing indiscriminately have in common? The month of April! If you can believe it?? The springtime somehow triggers these psychos off, sending them off marauding. The Spring affects us all, with its budding flowers, and trees, crisper air, brighter sun for longer than in the Wintertime. We are held in a invisible grip, like metal spoons before an electromagnet. Well, I say, no matter how it affects you. HEY! Enjoy Spring!

    That's going to be my mantra for the next few months. HEY! Enjoy Spring!

    I head to the movies today on my own, and check out THE WATCHMEN again, this time staying awake for the entire show. Not easy but do-able. It's a good fucking movie, and reading the graphic novel I am amazed as to how closely they stayed with the book. It ended at a reasonable time to be a three hour movie. I headed downtown on foot to the 34th street Post Office to get a money order for my cable Internet bill and mail that off. There is no way that I'm going to allow my only connection to the outside world be cut off for nonpayment of funds.

    And then I think about what's really riding on my router. I do a port scan, to see what systems are connected to IP addresses on my router, and like a pregnant sow, with a litter of piglets, I have fourteen systems suckling at the teats of my router. Shit. It increased from three or four to fourteen. I wonder if that is hurting my throughput? I reserve the top two addresses for my laptop. One wireless, one hardwired. Why? Because it's my router. I can do what the fuck I want to do.

    Now to plan for my day. Today, I have Dr. D. who I never go to because its the Bozo Lounge. I just hate going there and sitting around for an hour listening to people who are just as fucked up as I am when it comes to anxiety and dealing with the world around them. They all had traumatic experiences. One woman was soldier in the army whose jeep overturned in some park-like area, pinning her in grass and around trees. Now she can't enter parks. Another was a normal, healthy man at a nightclub who made a wrong turn and went down a flight of concrete stairs, busting himself up totally and now, when he can coordinate his muscle movements, has a mortal fear of stairs. Another guy was attacked by dogs...and well, you know what he's afraid of. ALL of them...every LAST one of them has a legitimate reason for being there. Every last one of them has REAL problems. My problem is that I DON'T WANT TO BE THERE. I'm being pressured to be there, forced against my will, but to continue therapy this is just how it will have to be. It's sucks, but fuck....Hey! Enjoy Spring!!

    Let me stop cranking. My life isn't all bad. My brother and I have been invited to a party and show this evening somewhere in lower Manhattan. Basically, his advant garde female friend, AJ is doing her Spring Show. Where there will be poetry, and book reading, and my personal favorites, free wine and the dance of the Spring Nymphs. This is when AJ and all of her female friends, hop out from behind stage wearing nothing but laurels around their heads. That's right folks, and these women have bitchen bods, and they'll be prancing around to music for a half hour. How do I know? I saw photos of last years event. I'm going to try to take photos of this years if they allow it. It would be kinda cool to not use my flashbulb too, to get that blurred effect. That shit would rock. OH, and some sharp shots too you know. Got to have some real sharp shots.

    Well, like I said, chase something! Chase fucking naked women! Chase goddamn Alcohol! Chase poetry and prose! Hey, Enjoy Spring!

    Well, I guess this starts off my spring. Disturbed guests and naked women. That sounds like the title of a book. Shit, it should be the title of my post. Psychos, titties and wine. Oh, you just knew I had to go there. I'm imbalanced for the most part. I'll do this at times.

    Well, let me take my unbalanced self out of here. I have to get ready for this fucking meeting where I'll dissolve into a chair for an hour, after taking an hour to get there. Sound like fun to you?

    Hey! Enjoy Spring!!

    HobobobSource URL: http://idontwanttobeanythingotherthanme.blogspot.com/2009/04/psychos-titties-and-wine.html
    Visit i dont want tobe anything other than me for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive