Wednesday, June 3, 2009

3-Ds IN THE CAT GARDEN















    Late last week before Dylan did his disappearing act, I planted various types of annuals in pots for the Cat Garden along the walkway and sitting area at the front of our house. I am a terrible gardener, and planting in pots is about the only thing I am capable of maintaining to any degree. I also have a couple of flowering bushes in the walled-in part of the bricked area.

    What makes this a Cat Garden is, of course, the purrpetual purresence of my 3-Ds, Domino, Dante and Dylan, as well as a smattering of kitty garden ornaments (of the inanimate kind). The first picture reveals an ofurview of most of the Cat Garden. On the bottom left, you will see little mini-me fursions of each of my 3-Ds. Can you tell which is which?

    I have numerous other pottery or resin cats strewn about between the pots -- they aren't all visible in these pictures, but you get the general feline of the place! Then of course, there's the bench where the cats like to lounge -- it's mostly reserved fur them, except when the odd visitor needs a place to sit. (Most of our visitors are rather odd, come to think of it!)

    The piece de resistance is the Jim Shore cat birdbath, which many of you commented on purreviously, when I showed Dylan using it as a drinking vessel. If you Google "Jim Shore Birdbath", you'll be sure to find it still available from a number of online shops. I obtained mine, originally, from an eBay seller at a lower cost. It's one of those Crazy Cat Lady items that is well worth having as a central focus to any cat-themed garden. It also appeals to my sense of irony -- that the cats are holding the basin for the birds to bathe in! LOL!

    To sum up, there's nothing quite like the combination of cats and flowers to enhance the beauty in each other. Felines, flora and fauna are all marvels of nature adorning this earth, aftfur all!Source URL: http://idontwanttobeanythingotherthanme.blogspot.com/2009/06/3-ds-in-cat-garden.html
    Visit i dont want tobe anything other than me for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive