Saturday, May 15, 2010

Labyrinth Lord: Advanced Edition Companion


    I'm such a Libra. I'm still on the fence when it comes to which retro-game is my favorite. I like Swords & Wizardry because it is the closest to original Dungeons and Dragons, and is incredibly rules-light. On the other hand, Labyrinth Lord is (in my mind) a superior implementation of B/X.

    Happily, I don't have to choose between the two, I can have both! I picked up a copy of Advanced Edition Companion (AEC) for Labyrinth Lord from my FLGS, The Sentry Box, yesterday. As an active proponent of the FLGS system, I waited for it to arrive at the store. This meant having to wait an extra couple of months, compared to those of you who ordered it directly through Goblinoid Games or Lulu. For some reason The Sentry Box only ordered one copy, so my apologies to those of you in Calgary who were waiting for it to arrive: you'll have to ask Don to bring in another copy for you! I have not had a chance to dig into AEC, but I intend to give it a closer look on Sunday.

    Here's a photo of my Swords & Wizardry boxed set, along with my Labyrinth Lord and Advanced Edition Companion books.

    I also picked up used copies of DA3 and DA4, Dave Arneson's City of the Gods and The Duchy of Ten for Blackmoor. The two of them were too shy to pose for a picture -- perhaps they will discover their courage tomorrow.
    Source URL: http://idontwanttobeanythingotherthanme.blogspot.com/2010/05/labyrinth-lord-advanced-edition.html
    Visit i dont want tobe anything other than me for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive