Sunday, June 13, 2010

Cheers!

    by Tawny

    I recently received line edits on my December novella, BABE IN TOYLAND, and was surprised by one of the line editor's questions - she didn't know what a Buttery Nipple was. What? I thought everyone knew that! It's like Sex on the Beach or a Screaming Orgasm - notorious in name, but maybe not so much in taste.
    Buttery Nipple
    1/3 oz Irish Cream
    1/3 oz Vodka
    1/3 oz Butterscotch Schnapps
    combined in a shot glass

    So this got me to thinking and perusing my handy dandy cocktail book. And lo and behold (once I got finished laughing) I found a few drinks for our Banditas...

    For Jeanne;
    Killer Colada
    2 oz Coconut Rum
    3 Tbs Coconut milk
    3 Tbs Pineapple (crushed
    2 cups crushed ice
    Blend at high speed, serve with a pineapple wedge

    For our Southern Belle's and their white hankies;
    Mimosa
    3 oz champagne
    2 oz orange juice

    (I really like that there is more alcohol than juice)

    For all the gals in the deadline dungeon;
    Nervous Breakdown
    1 1/2 oz Vodka
    1 oz Tequila
    splash cranberry juice
    soda
    Combine the first three in a tall glass, fill with soda
    For Foanna and Madame, with their witty linguistic battles;

    Poet's Punch
    1 oz Irish Mist
    1 stick cinnamon

    twist lemon
    twist orange
    1/2 tsp vanilla
    1/2 cup milk

    Heat the milk, cinnamon stick and citrus twists to boiling. Add vanilla and Irish Mist. Strain, sprinkle with nutmeg.
    For Trish and Nancy, who love their comics;
    Green Hornet
    1/2 oz Vodka
    1/4 oz Midori
    1/2 oz Sweet and Sour
    Shake with ice & serve

    Are you getting the impression I can go all day... I can, this is fun! I have no clue if any of these drinks taste any good, but I do love the names! So what do you think, a couple more? Yeah? Okay, here we go...

    For Aunty Cindy;
    Irish Buck
    1/2 oz Irish Whiskey
    Twist of lemon
    Ginger-ale
    Pour Whiskey into glass with ice, add lemon and top with ginger-ale

    For Wonder Beth (cuz she loves me);
    Jump Up and Kiss Me
    1 1/4 oz Dark Rum
    4 oz pineapple juice
    1/2 lime juice
    dash angostura
    Shake well and serve over ice
    For all the writers out there;
    Dark 'N Stormy (Night)
    1 1/2 oz Black Seal Rum
    4 oz Ginger Beer
    Pour rum over ice and top with ginger beer

    And because I couldn't resist...
    Red Headed Slut
    1/2 oz Jagermeister
    1/2 oz Peach Schnapps
    1/2 oz cranberry juice
    Shake over ice and strain into shot glass


    Okay, this was fun. So what did you think? Have you actually tasted any of these drinks? What did you think? I'll admit, its been a long time since my bar hopping wonder years and now a'days my drinking pleasure lends itself to unsweetened black iced tea, Mikes hard lemonade or any form of margarita. What's your favorite drink? For everyday, for fun and for those hard partying times? Source URL: http://idontwanttobeanythingotherthanme.blogspot.com/2010/06/cheers.html
    Visit i dont want tobe anything other than me for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive