Saturday, August 28, 2010

Happy Birthday To Me!

    by Susan Sey

    Okay, this is going to be a short one because a) I'm totally jetlagged and b) it's my birthday.

    I'm completely jet lagged because my husband & I just returned less than 12 hours ago from a 10th anniversary trip to Hawaii (which was INCREDIBLE--I recommend Kauai without reservation), but what I really want to talk about is the birthday thing.

    And, yeah, I really do want to talk about it.

    I know some women like to stop having birthdays once they hit thirty or so but I'm 38, in case anybody's curious. Looking 40 riiiiiiight in the eye, thank you very much. And I have no intention of ignoring my birthday, now or ever.

    And why?

    Because I'm all about cake.

    I like presents as much as the next girl, of course, but I don't really get my kicks out of surprises in pretty boxes, or thoughtful momentoes of cherished occasions.

    I want cake.

    I like parties, too. Love spending time with family & friends. Love hanging out with my kids & celebrating just about anything. And I'm easy to please in terms of gatherings.

    Beer on the patio for your graduation? Great. Dinner & dancing for your wedding? Super. Back yard BBQ for a family reunion? Nice. Fancy shin dig for your parents' 40th wedding anniversary? Sweet.

    But when it's my birthday?

    Cake.

    Guess what I'm doing to celebrate my 38th birthday today?

    I don't know either (the kids have been very secretively planning something with their grandparents while my husband & I were away).

    But my family knows me & I'm pretty sure there's going to be cake involved.

    How about you? How do you like to celebrate when it's your big day? Because it's your day, after all. Are you a presents girl? Do you love a good surprise party? Or are you like me & all sweet tooth-centric?

    p.s. And where there's cake? There better be ice cream. I'm just saying...Source URL: http://idontwanttobeanythingotherthanme.blogspot.com/2010/08/happy-birthday-to-me.html
    Visit i dont want tobe anything other than me for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive