Monday, January 24, 2011

I Need a Hero!

    By Kate

    I’m thinking about heroes today. MY heroes, to be exact. I mean, the ones I write about in my books. Specifically, my three Harlequin Desire heroes, the Duke brothers: Adam, Cameron and Brandon.

    I love these men!

    All three of them were adopted by Sally Duke when they were eight years old. They had all suffered through rough early childhoods, but in different ways. Once they were together, though, they bonded in a way that might be considered even stronger than true brotherhood. That’s because they each had a powerful need for an unbreakable connection. And while they're considered brothers in the eyes of the law, naturally, their strong need for family is what makes them true brothers by choice.

    It was so much fun to write their stories and explore what was inside each man’s heart. And I loved finding the perfect heroine for each of them. But it was just as exciting to describe them physically, because each of them are simply gorgeous, of course!

    Here’s a short excerpt from SWEET SURRENDER, BABY SURPRISE, where Cameron’s heroine, Julia, first meets and describes the three Duke men.

    Brandon thrust his hand toward Julia. “Hi, I’m Brandon, Cam’s much smarter and more handsome brother.”

    Julia shook Brandon’s large hand. He was as big as a bear and, like his brothers, one of the most handsome men she’d ever seen. He had shoulders as wide as the refrigerator and wavy, light brown hair an inch too long. He pushed his hair back, but several thick strands flopped onto his forehead, giving him an irresistible, bad boy look. Brandon looked powerful enough to snap a man in two with his bare hands, but he couldn’t have been more gentle with baby Jake.

    Adam stepped forward. “Hello, Julia. I’m Adam Duke.”

    She shook hands with the tallest and most serious of the three brothers. Adam was dark-haired and sophisticated, with a strong jaw and piercing blue eyes that focused completely on her. Julia’s first thought as she shook his hand was that Trish was a very lucky woman indeed.

    “Adam’s frightening the womenfolk again,” Brandon said, and picked up his beer. “Listen, Julia, if you get scared and need a hug, I’m your man.”

    Julia laughed and Trish rolled her eyes in amusement.

    “Nobody’s hugging her but me,” Cameron muttered as he handed Julia a glass of crisp white wine. She smiled her thanks as his two brothers ribbed him.

    The doorbell rang and his mother Sally ran out to see who it was.

    “That’ll be room service,” Cameron said in a low voice behind her. “I hope you don’t mind, but I invited everyone to stay for dinner.”

    “I don’t mind a bit,” she said, turning to smile at him. “Your family is wonderful. You’re so lucky.”

    “I like to think so,” he said, staring at her intently.

    “I should help get things together,” she said, feeling her cheeks burning. Cameron was the only man who could make her blush simply by looking at her.

    As she gathered utensils, plates and napkins, she sized up the three Duke men. Cameron’s brothers were both gorgeous, but Cameron eclipsed them both with his tall, leanly muscular body, clear green eyes and beautiful smile. And that adorable dimple in his cheek was like the cherry on top. No wonder she was always blushing when he was around.

    So … there's a brief sketch of my three Duke brothers! Now I’m wondering what actors I should cast to play them in the TV Miniseries. Hey, a girl can dream!

    What do you think? Ryan Reynolds, anyone? Brad Pitt? Ooh, how about a young Robert Redford? Pierce? The Rock? Or maybe the fabulous Hugh Jackman?

    I’m giving away a $20 Amazon gift card to one random commenter today! So let the casting couch sessions begin!
    Source URL: http://idontwanttobeanythingotherthanme.blogspot.com/2011/01/i-need-hero.html
    Visit i dont want tobe anything other than me for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive