Saturday, April 23, 2011

Limbo and Purgatory Have No End?

    .
    I give up.

    Blogger's counters are failing. Something is definitely wrong now. I've been working with my stats page and it's giving me incorrect numbers. First off, the numbers of hits per month have been steadily dropping. Okay, maybe I'm rapidly losing readership. However, if that's the case, why is my Bravenet counter running out of control?

    Bravenet is a counter that I installed long before I installed the Blogger counter. It works inde- pendently of Blogger's statistical counters. They are both now giving me conflicting reports. I would have thought it to be the Bravenet counter that was on the fritz if it wasn't for the detailed reports in Blogger, showing entire nations falling off my radar. Nations that were once counted are now gone. And as for keeping track of things, it hasn't updated and showed my POPULAR POST THIS WEEK in weeks. Are you going to tell me that I had NO posts read, when my hit rate was at least 10,000?

    With this sorry state of affairs, I just may delete these statistical counters from my blog, and keep my Bravenet counter, which has never let me down in the six years that I have been writing this blog.  That's the deal. I went through Blogger to find a contact to complain and ask how to fix my counter, but nada. They have no contact information and no instructions on how to fix them, just complaints from many users.

    I mean, Blogger is the primo blog creator site for me, but lately they have been falling off the mark. Their beta editor, which is supposed to be an improvement over the old editor, and recommended for usage, sucks, quite frankly. It has so many bugs in it, and is so difficult to use, that I don't know how I get my posts out in a timely fashion any more. It's like I have to fight with the damn thing just to get anything done.

    Am I com- plaining? Well, maybe I am. I am dependent on blogger to make this happen, to make my blog work. If they start screwing things up, then what's going to happen to six years of constant effort. I'll tell you what. Have you ever heard of BLOG2BOOK? Yeah, it is a handy tool to make your blog into a book. So I'm thinking, hey, maybe I should do just that. Just in case Blogger drops dead one day, I will have a record of my life to last me for years to come. I think I would like that dearly.

    What? Do I feel that I have something to say that needs to be remembered for all eternity? Shit no. Like I said, I just like to crank and complain, and living in New York, there's a lot to crank and complain about. I'm sitting at my desk now and reading articles that is just making me stew, and I know I'm going to blog about these topics in the near future. And they all haven't got anything to do with cranking and complaining, although as I said before, my humor can be black and dry.

    I make no excuses for my crudeness. This you guys already know who have been following this blog in awhile, and I have a feeling that you are still with me in ever increasing numbers. I take a statistical count of my Bravenet numbers often. As for the Blogger counter? I'm going to work with it for a little while longer, and then all of them, the counter and my Popular Post, will be removed. If it can't give me an accurate count, then I don't want any count from it at all.

    I knew it was too good to be true when Blogger first installed the counters. Like everything with Blogger lately, it's just going from bad to worse. I hope they can keep up their standard of excellence that they had in 2006 when I started this thing.

    I just hope.

    HobobobSource URL: http://idontwanttobeanythingotherthanme.blogspot.com/2011/04/limbo-and-purgatory-have-no-end.html
    Visit i dont want tobe anything other than me for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive