Monday, April 25, 2011

Rhythm & Jews - Monday Night World Music - 6-8:30PM SLT



    I have played music from all over the world in my slot on thap gump, and I've done shows that honor the festivals of many cultures, from Cinco de Mayo to Diwali to Eid. But I've never done a set that focused on the music of my people.

    For the past week, though, I've been observing Passover, and so I thought it would be a good time, for a change, to put together a show all about my own roots. And so tonight's Monday Night World Music brings you a set of Jewish music, Israeli pop, and a few excursions to the lands of my ancestors, Eastern Europe and Morocco.

    You'll hear klezmer (like the Klezmatics, from whom I borrowed the title of this post), modern interpretations of Sephardic music (including Yasmin Levy and Deleon), a few traditional Passover songs, Israeli pop legends like Teapacks and Ofra Haza, and much more.

    So come hang out and shep naches with us, tonight from 6-8:30PM SLT. You can join me (Carter) in world at Madhu's Cafe Indien, or listen in on thap gump's main stream. Hope to see you there!Source URL: http://idontwanttobeanythingotherthanme.blogspot.com/2011/04/rhythm-jews-monday-night-world-music-6.html
    Visit i dont want tobe anything other than me for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive