Monday, September 8, 2008

I Dream Of....


    by Jeanne Adams

    As many of you know, my name is Jeanne. What you may not know is that it's pronounced like the Jeannie from "I Dream of Jeannie" fame. I've gotten a lot of jokes over the years about that, by the way. I even got one belligerent fellow who insisted that he should be allowed to call me "Jean" because that's how he thought Jeanne should be pronounced. I let him live to see sunrise, but just barely. And, of course, I refused to answer to something that was NOT my name. Ha! My standard tag line, when asked about the pronunciation, is "pronounced as if it had an i, but spelled without it"

    Why, you ask? Because my parents thought that Jean was well, Jean. But Jean-ne, should be said, Jeannie. With me so far? Okay, never mind.

    Anyway, my naming foibles aren't what I really wanted to chat about today. I wanted to talk about wishes. I got the I Dream Of Jeannie thing the other day and someone said, "I wish you WERE a Jeannie, then I could get three wishes!"

    Well, being a writer, that got me to thinkin'...yeah, you knew THAT was coming. VBGrins. I recently saw the movie The Secret. In it, they talk about the Universe being like a Genie in a Bottle. "Your Wish is My Command!" is the mantra of the universe, according to the secret. Or, that the Universe is like a big copy machine, whatever you focus on, you get more of...so, if you give the Universe an example of a great life, you get more of a great life. You give the Universe the example of misery, you get more misery...

    Gosh, I'm REALLY getting off track today. BACK to the subject which is, believe it or not, WISHES.

    If I could wave my magic Jeannie wand, wiggle my Bewitched nose, and or come smokin' out of my bottle and grant you three wishes, what would they be?

    We're going to assume World Peace and an end to World Hunger and all that, what would you want for YOU??

    Let's get personal here...publishing contract? Sell at auction? The right adverb? (Is there such a thing?) A unicorn? Nick Stokes from CSI? WAIT...that's mine. Sorry...

    C'mon, what are YOUR three wishes? Oh, and would you ever change your name? Tabitha, anyone?Source URL: http://idontwanttobeanythingotherthanme.blogspot.com/2008/09/i-dream-of.html
    Visit i dont want tobe anything other than me for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive