Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The New Addition

    by Christie Kelley


    Believe it or not, this blog is not about the remodeling of my house (otherwise known as the undertaking of the century) but another type of addition. A few weeks ago, we welcomed a 13 week-old Siberian kitten to our (almost finished) home.

    We actually bought a purebred cat. I’ve never been a proponent of buying cats when the shelters are filled with cats that want a good home. But my husband is allergic to cats and for some strange reason these cats produce low quantities of the enzyme that people react to, and so far, she's causing no problems with my husband.

    Sorry for the poor images. These were taken on my cell phone. But Misha seems to like Jane Austin, which I think is a good thing.

    The entire bred is a little strange. As you can see with the picture below, the Siberians aren’t exactly short-haired cats. In fact, I’ve never seen a cat with more fur than our little Misha. And yet, I’ve never had so little cat hair in my house. Even the vet said the same thing when he was done examining her.



    It’s been over twenty years since I had a kitten in the house and now I remember why. Within a week of being in our home, Misha had off-white paint on her tail and a bit of grout on one of her pads (kind of like my husband). So she’s fitting right into this crazy house. I'd also forgotten how sweet it is to be awakened at 4am to a purring kitten licking my face.

    Growing up, my family always had pets. At one time we had a cat, a dog and a bird. Then there were the kittens my brother found and it took three days for my parents to notice them (don't ask). Having been without an animal for the past five years, I'd forgotten how nice it is just to pet a cat. Or just laugh as Misha runs from one room to another as if something or someone was chasing her.


    Now for all you dog lovers, this bred of cat thinks they are dogs. Misha follows me around the house and usually naps in whatever room I happen to be in. Yesterday, she was waiting for me at the door when I came home from grocery shopping. She has been a great addition to our home.

    One more picture but this time it's my new cover for Every Time We Kiss.

    So if you want a signed copy of my new coverflat, all you have to do is answer a question or two. Are you a dog person, a cat person...a nonpet person? Did you have a lot of pets growing up? Are you the type of person who can't imagine not having a pet? Tell me all about your favorite pet.
    Source URL: http://idontwanttobeanythingotherthanme.blogspot.com/2008/09/new-addition.html
    Visit i dont want tobe anything other than me for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive