Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Tables Have Turned


    I got this email the other day:

    "you got a call on my cell from: Daniel at [Webpage Interview] at 4:56 PM today - Friday. I took the info, acted professional (ha!) and told him I would give you the message."

    Well it looks like I got my interview. Here comes the big jump. Dealing with a deadline every week. But if it works for me, it's a feather in my cap. I feel good about this. I'm making progress. All I have to do now is get the interview and ace it. I have a high confidence level in this because I CAN ONLY FAIL. It's good when you're coming from behind. When you have only a few chips to play the game, you really can't lose your shirt. I'm at the bottom as it is. I can only end up going somewhere else.

    I'm invincible because I'm already defeated. Ha ha ha.

    That's my plan boys and girls. This is another stair step. A move through the microcosm. I find myself in the Madison Avenue Starbucks again, with the busted toilet. Stupid fucks. That's all I have to say about that. Good thing that the water pill has already done its magic for the day. My brother and I engage in healthy banter until it is time for me to snag the Way and head for the Box. I bid my brother farewell and good evening and return to the madness.

    What was on the deck for tonight? Look, it was a simple thing, the dresser was moved all the way against my headboard. Now I had a small space between my dresser and my bed to store my bottled water. No doubt Roundtree moved it. So I'll just move it back a bit and explain it to him why. When he did come in and I did explain it to him he blows up. "I really don't care! I just moved it because dis boy ovah here goes to the Techs tellin' them that I'm all over da place with my stuff. Why does dis motherfucker have to fuck wif me?" Whoa, Roundtree, what are you talking about? He repeats himself, using language not appropriate for a Christian. He revisits the emotions of the encounter. Somehow for some reason, John went and complained to the Techs that Rountree had his stuff 'all over the place'. And in fact, he does have a lot of stuff, and he did 'expand' further than the barriers of his bed area. I can see John going to the Techs, but I would have went to Roundtree first. He is an amicable guy and would have easily moved his things. But to go to the Techs only escalated the issue and threw bad blood into the water.

    I understand you, I tell the heated Roundtree. I know what you mean. But I didn't go into how I agreed with John. No, that would just be throwing logs on the fire. I stop the conversation instead, put on my headsets and drown him out.

    True to my life, Roundtree is already starting to chafe in the dorm. He gets on Willie's cellphone and has a conversation with everyone he knows. Now that's not so bad, but he's one of those people that has to talk at a volume as if the person is down the block. I turn my headsets up further to drown him out. He goes from family members to friends and back to family members.
    It's almost unnerving, and like I said, true to form, it's annoying. Because I have already claimed him as a friend and 'cool' everyone in the Dorm is looking at me for an explanation. I have none.

    I am so grateful that he says he has to go and take a shower, and Willie appears looking for his phone. Now that's the end of that. I wonder what more surprises Roundtree will have for me. Here's a note to take down everyone...NEVER THINK THAT. Because no sooner does the thought hit my mind does he return and makes a big production of getting on his knees and praying. Now I have nothing against praying, I think it's a beautiful thing when a person acknowledges a supreme being, but this ramp up to prayer was a might bit over the top. The pacing back and forth, the kneeling partially in the aisle. It was a little much.

    Maybe I'm already sensitive to the man. Maybe everything that he does now will reflect upon me and I don't like it. Maybe I shouldn't give a fuck and let the man be himself and I'll be myself. Maybe I shouldn't have so many maybes about shit that isn't directly controllable by me. I think that's the maybe I should listen to. I burrow my head in my laptop. I'm going strong. SOMEBODY STOP ME!!!

    I smile. I've been wearing a cheese eating grin for some time now. Ever since the SHOUT OUT. Nothing, not even the antics of Rountree and the Box can get me down now. I wrote this Haiku which is indicative of how I feel:

    The caged bird soars high
    Wings beating the naked skies
    It can't be held back

    May you feel this way too as you face your day tomorrow. It can't hurt.

    HobobobSource URL: http://idontwanttobeanythingotherthanme.blogspot.com/2008/09/tables-have-turned.html
    Visit i dont want tobe anything other than me for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive