Monday, September 8, 2008

Trish's Launch Party!!

    It's finally here! Though it's been spotted in several store locations, today is the official release date for my debut novel, A Firefighter in the Family, from Harlequin American. Whee!!! Can you tell I'm happy? This is one of the happiest moments of my life, so I thought why not blog about other things that make me happy. As Maria from The Sound of Music would say, "These are a few of my favorite things."

    Seeing my book on a store shelf for the first time.

    Being able to write full time.

    Warm weather.

    My ever-supportive hubby. That's us in the wedding picture -- when we were both much skinnier.

    Cheese fries

    Dairy Queen's Chocolate Extreme Blizzard (Hmm, maybe all these food items are why I don't look like my wedding pictures anymore.)

    Walking in the damp woods after a rain. I love the smell.

    Tater tots

    Wonderful writing friends.









    National Parks

    The first hint of spring.

    My nieces...

    and nephews.

    The beach.

    The mountains.

    Listening to a mountain stream gurgle.


    Books, books and more books! Romance novels, mystery novels, young adult books -- you name it.

    TiVo. This is what I bought myself when I sold my first book. I LOVE it. No more appointment television. And no more angst when there are two things on at the same time I want to watch. And no more commercials!

    Driving around looking at Christmas lights and decorations.

    Puppies. Okay, seriously, who doesn't like puppies?

    Bears -- the animals, not the football team. Sure, I don't want to meet one on a trail, but I think they're beautiful animals.

    Surprises. Good ones.

    Movies. One of my life goals is to be an extra or have a bit part in a movie. Even better if it's a western or sci-fi picture.

    Netflix -- to feed my movie and TV show addiction. The possibilities are endless. My queue, I swear, now has 466 discs on it. Next to arrive are discs 3 and 4 of season 2 of the BBC's Robin Hood.


    Vampire TV shows and movies. Too bad the TV networks keep canceling them. Grrr.

    Bones

    Going to rock concerts.

    Orlando Bloom

    Road trips.

    YouTube. I've discovered bands here. And it's great for "shipping" -- watching fan videos of favorite TV and movie couples.

    Grilled shrimp.

    Going for a walk when the weather's just right.

    Fan mail! Okay, so I've gotten one letter, but it did make me happy. :)

    Cuteoverload.com

    ICanHasCheezburger.com

    Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Firefly, Angel, Dr. Horrible's Sing-A-Long Blog. Okay, so everything Joss Whedon creates.

    Glomming all the books of a new-to-me author.

    Gift cards to bookstores, movie theaters and restaurants for Christmas and birthdays.

    Trips to Northeast Tennessee so I can have lunch at a Pal's location. I'm driving up through there later this week, and my mouth is already watering for their chipped ham and cheese sandwich and seasoned fries.

    Hearing about a friend making a book sale.

    Whenever Hollywood puts out a good western. 3:10 to Yuma was great! And that's not just because it had Russell Crowe and Christian Bale in it. Really, I promise. :)

    Supernatural -- I love me some Winchester brothers. :)


    If you were making up new lyrics to "A Few of My Favorite Things," what things would you include?

    I'll pick a winner at random to receive a signed copy of A Firefighter in the Family.Source URL: http://idontwanttobeanythingotherthanme.blogspot.com/2008/09/trish-launch-party.html
    Visit i dont want tobe anything other than me for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive