Thursday, July 2, 2009

The Era of Knowledge


    I'm enjoying my psychologist too much.

    I really am. She's slow with her time though. I get to her office at 2:00, well actually 12:00 because I walked too fast through the streets. But I'm there at 2:00 and my session is supposed to start at 2:30, so I do a lot of sleeping. A lot. She comes up to me at 2:40, it's time for my session. Yeah, I know that it's only ten minutes but I had already waited over two hours and a half.

    I see one thing that Churning Air does for you. It makes you fucking patient, and you can wait forever. I waited for my psychologist, like I said, for over two and a half hours, napping here and there, making time run by. I'm counting my doctor notes. I've got one from Dr. A earlier today, and now I'll have another from Dr. K. I'll have to find someway to fax it to the Roach Motel.

    I rush home to get prepared. OBSIDIAN and I are features in a Community Center in Morissana the Bronx. I collect my poems and hit the Way, all the way to 149 and Third, and then took the 55 Bus up to 169 and Third. A pretty long trip. As I approach the Community Center I find the host and two children sitting on the side of the doors with their stuff around them.

    "Hobobob," she says. "I'm not having a good day." Why sweetie. "They just kicked me out. They said that I wasn't scheduled to have a show here today and they locked the doors, jumped into their cars and drove off." Wha? She was beside herself, because she kept lamenting that she had people coming and they would have to be turned aside. I stood around with her. I felt strangely responsible for her predicament and tried to help her with the issues that she kept bringing up. She was a stream of cranks and complaints the seemed endless. A friend of hers with a car parks nearby and they begin chatting. The hostess makes arrangements to put all of her stuff, food, sodas, equipment, everything in the trunk of her friend's car.

    I watched as they prepared to leave. One of the children taped 'Show closed' on the windows and I, taking this as my cue to leave, said goodnight. I never did see any of this crowd of people that she was waiting to arrive. It was just the five of us standing around. I rode MTA back home and came home, cleaned, straightened shit up and got online.

    This was a trying day.

    I'm going to take a break

    HobobobSource URL: http://idontwanttobeanythingotherthanme.blogspot.com/2009/07/era-of-knowledge.html
    Visit i dont want tobe anything other than me for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive