Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Babe in Internetland


    But finding Internet service is proving to be the hardest.

    I can't seem to find just cable Internet. I might have to settle for DSL Internet service. Oh great. DSL is like crawling compared to cable Internet, but you can't just get cable Internet here. You have to have it in a bundle with something else. Either phone or cable. I might just get a phone if I could stand one in the apartment. I hate phones as much as I hate television.

    Well, I think I HATE phones, I find television a waste of time. That is unless they are playing my screenplay. Yeah, that would be television time spent wisely.

    I am so pissed. No cable Internet service. I have to have one or the other. And why pay for a service that you aren't using? Fuck. How can we be living in the civilized free world and don't understand that the Internet needs to be free? Free to roam. Free to spread like a cancer across the woof and weave of the landscape's fabric. We are not learning, we are reacting. Now I'll have to get a phone line in anyway. I hate this.

    I research some more. I find nothing. I'm not a happy camper. Almost at my goal, and foiled at the last yard.

    I find something else to do. I'm all a bundle of nerves. My LYRICA ran out and now I'm hopping around. I'm also missing my therapy sessions for this week, which is never any fun. Now I feel as if I can gnaw on hard wood like a termite. Nothing can seem to make me relax. Well, maybe if I GET OFF THE BEAN!! I could. I'm sitting in Starbucks now with a Vente cup of coffee, the largest cup that you can get, and I didn't even order it. The girls at the counter know me by name now, and usually pours my cup for me without my asking. Talk about service at Madison. Well, I always ask for a Grande cup, which is the next size under Vente. Well, no, as if they could tell that I'm not wired enough, they give me a Vente coffee. Wow.

    I'm sucking it down too. Right down. Therefore I can't stop my legs from shaking.

    It's almost Christmas, and the hordes of shoppers are beginning to descend on this fair city. Nothing stops them, not even the bitter cold. Although the cold snap seems to have lost some of its sting. Today, the piles of slush were melting into the storm grates. Good riddance. Tonight, its supposed to rain into tomorrow, with temperatures rising up into the forties. That's so good, if you like being wet. The good news, it washes away the snow.

    I'm fighting more and more people to get around. Holiday shoppers around the touristas. This makes for a critical mass of people that you have to deal with just to get from point A to point B. Being in my own little world, inside my own tiny apartment, is quite fine for me.

    I can't stop my legs from shaking. Whoa.

    I search again and this time I find a back door. Another company that compares cable, DSL and dialup connections together on line. The competing companies give out the better rates to this webpage. So, I run the comparison engine after filling out a little questionnaire as to my preferences. It kicks out several cable companies. The cheapest being Roadrunner. Now I had just been through Roadrunner who, before, from their own website, tells me that they combine cable Internet with phone service. No other options are available. But here, on THIS webpage, it gives me the cable Internet connection ALONE. What's up with that?

    I set everything up, and get a confirmation number that I have to call tomorrow and flesh everything out. But if the webpage is right, I should be able to get my Internet connection alone. Damn. I thought that I was shit out of luck there. Maybe I CAN get just Internet service. If not, I'm still getting the mother because I'm tired, and if I have to carry the dead weight of phone service, I will. Maybe I'll even get a phone.

    Naaah.

    HobobobSource URL: http://idontwanttobeanythingotherthanme.blogspot.com/2008/12/babe-in-internetland.html
    Visit i dont want tobe anything other than me for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive