Thursday, December 18, 2008

A Magical Christmas with Dianne Castell


    hosted by Donna MacMeans

    It's an honor to introduce you to a wonderful talented friend of mine, Dianne Castell. Not only is she a talented writer for Kensington's Brava and Harlequin, but she also has an innate ability to say the exact thing I need to hear at the exact time I need to hear it. It's amazing! Be sure to ask Dianne about the reader and writer event she hosts along with Lori Foster every June in Cincinnati, and the anthologies they'd done to give back to local charities. Speaking of generosity, Dianne is giving away THREE copies of STAR QUALITY. With that, I give you Dianne...

    Hi, Everyone, and thanks to thap gump for having me as a guest blogger, especially at this special time of year.

    I believe in magic, I really do. Too many special things happen that I wonder, How did I get so lucky!

    Christmas is that way. It’s magic all over the place. Things happen at Christmas that never happen any other time.

    I think that’s why we watch the same movies every Christmas year after year. We want to relive that magic. My favorite Christmas movie is Love Actually. It’s jam packed full of magic. And of course It’s a Wonderful Life and Scrooge are so full of magic that we get ghosts to remind us just how terrific that magic of being alive and having family is in case we’ve forgotten.

    And there are tons of songs about that magic of Christmas. Have you ever tried to roast chestnuts on an open fire. It’s a miracle they don’t burn to a crisp!
    And there’s the magic of snowmen coming to town and Santa and reindeer and coming home for Christmas when you didn’t think it would happen.

    Star Quality, my December release with Lori Foster and Lucy Monroe, is all about that magic. Even though it isn’t a Christmas book, it’s about that touch of something special that brings two people together and they fall in love. Star Quality happens under a blue moon, meaning the second full moon in a month. It casts a special spell over a little town in Ohio and three couples who had no chance of falling in love do.

    I’ve had special magic moments in my life. Some at Christmas, some not, where all the stars are in perfect alignment and my life is perfect and bam something special happens and I can’t explain it. Pure magic. Some are more subtle like seeing my kids singing at midnight Mass, some more profound like my daughter finally finding the right guy and getting engaged on Christmas Eve, and I still remember all those years ago taking a winter walk with my new husband at night in the snow. It felt...magical. There simply is no other word for it.

    So, what magical things have happened to you at Christmas? Sometimes just getting all the presents wrapped in time feels like magic.



    Heck, for me it's just getting presents purchased in time - says she who hasn't bought anything for the dh yet. So tell us - what magical things have happened to you at Christmas?



    Dianne will select three people from the posted comments to receive a copy of Star Quality - plus don't forget - one person will receive a special Christmas treat from the thap gump as part of The Twelve Days of Christmas. Lots of goodies here!

    May you have a Merry Magical Christmas!

    Hugs,

    Dianne Castell
    DianneCastell.com



    Source URL: http://idontwanttobeanythingotherthanme.blogspot.com/2008/12/magical-christmas-with-dianne-castell.html
    Visit i dont want tobe anything other than me for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive