Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Everybody Knows Your Name

    by Christine Wells

    It will come as no surprise to many of you that I've been traveling a lot lately. First it was New Zealand and the awe-inspiring mountains, cool alpine streams and the eccentric Lanarch Castle with its Alice in Wonderland gardens. Then a week or two at home to do edits for WICKED LITTLE GAME followed by another jaunt, this time to Japan, where the autumn foliage is spectacular, the Geishas gorgeous and the sake potent, whether taken hot or cold.

    Tommorrow we head up to the Great Barrier Reef with my sister-in-law and her family and later in the month, up to our beach house for Christmas and then on to another coastal resort.

    Phew! That's a lot of traveling for someone who's a homebody at heart. In between all this globe-trotting, I've caught up with writer and reader friends and that has been even more fun because of the contrast between the foreign and the familiar. If anyone ever gets a chance to stay with Anna Campbell for a weekend of wine, seafood and...song?? --take it! Denise Rossetti and I are already discussing how we can wangle another invitation.

    No matter where I go, or how wonderful a time I have there, I'm always glad to come home to Brisbane, Australia--to the bright subtropical light that stings the retinas as soon as you get out of the plane and the sky that seems somehow bluer, to the humidity and the heat and the scent of fresh-cut grass mixed with barbecue scents and watermelon by the pool. And toilets you don't have to squat over:)

    Similarly, I love coming 'home' to the Bandit lair...where everybody knows your name.

    Because this will be the last time I'll be posting for the year, I'd like to say a HUGE thank you--first to the lovely and talented Banditas, for being the best friends a girl could have and to the Bandita buddies, who have enriched all our lives and supported us in so many ways.

    To all of you who aspire to be published, may 2009 be your year to shine, and to all our published friends, may you hit the New York Times list or win a RITA (or both) and may all of you stay happy and healthy and keep coming back for good times in the Lair.

    So what's your favourite thing about home? Are you a traveler or a homebody? What is your #1 dream destination?

    Oh, and I'm very sorry that I STILL haven't announced the winner of my last contest. And the winner is...MsHellion! You've won a signed copy of THE DANGEROUS DUKE. Congrats and if you send me your details at christineATchristine-wellsDOTcom I'll get that book to you pronto.Source URL: http://idontwanttobeanythingotherthanme.blogspot.com/2008/12/everybody-knows-your-name.html
    Visit i dont want tobe anything other than me for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive