Thursday, February 19, 2009

Time to Pay Taxes

    Charlie is an old business partner of mine.

    Charlie is also like a brother in law to me. He married a woman that I viewed as like a sister, thus the connection. When the old business and my marriage was coming apart, I was self-destructing, my neat and orderly world was coming apart. In layman's terms I was losing my mind. I was unraveling. Yeah, that's right, I did some bad things, and said some bad things. I was not a good man, but I never said that I was a perfect man either, without flaw. I think that's what everyone expected of me, flawless execution. There was no room for me to SCHNAPP. But SCHNAPP I did. Bright and loud. OH YES, I hurt feelings. That's right, and Charlie and my sister were a pair that I mistreated. I ran their love into the ground. That's what you do when you're miserable. So they cut me off, vowing never to talk to me again.

    That's alright. I didn't deserve forgive- ness. Maybe I still don't. I don't know what to do with it. It doesn't give me my life back. It doesn't get Social Services off my jock. It doesn't dig me out of the hole I'm in. Either way, this email thread happened when Charlie sent me a humorous joke in the email out of the clear blue sky.

    Very funny Charlie, where did you get this from?
    How are you and the family?
    Hobo

    Hey Hobo
    Got it from Lenny some time ago.
    Thought it was a goodie worth sharing
    I’m good and family is doing even better.
    Would love to see you. I’m gonna be in the city later on today for a meeting. Could we grab a drink and talk?
    Charlie

    Oh wow Charlie.
    I'm glad everyone is doing fine.
    Too last minute though. I have a stack of meetings with Social Services and a Fair Hearing to resolve.Yes, though, I would like to take you up on that offer. Maybe we can do it next week if you're in town?
    Hobo

    No sweat at all.
    We can absolutely do it next week.
    Just let me know what works best for you.
    Is the [email] address the best to reach you?
    Charlie

    Anytime next week save Monday. I have my therapies around two O'clock daily so if we meet for lunch at the customary hour I'll have to leave by 1:00.Yes, the [email] address is the one and only. I have others but they are for other specifics (spam).
    Look forward to seeing you again,
    Hobo

    Sounds good.
    Let me ask you….how long are your sessions? Maybe it’s better to do it afterwards so you don’t have to rush. Your call. Either way, I look forward to catching up!!
    Charlie

    About an hour, two...it all depends if I have a breakthru or not or what time I'm actually seen. A half hour travel time on top of it. It may have to be pretty late afterward. Give me a day and I can tell for sure.
    Hobo

    Wanna shoot for next Wednesday, the 25th?
    Charlie

    My session isn't until 3:30. We can meet up at noon if you'd like or around five-ish.
    Hobo

    5-ish works.
    Cool.

    Where at Charlie?
    Hobo

    Sorry about that.
    Whatever's convenient for you. I'll come to where you are.
    Call it.
    Charlie

    So I called it, and we are set up to go. Now I wonder. My life is back in an uproar. I'm inches from the street again, soon to be penniless, without food and medicines, and now I'm visited by a specter from the past. How is that for timing? So, I'm sitting here thinking to myself: What is this going to be like? I have enough worries on my plate to worry about this though. You know how I get. It's too easy for me to build up deep and dark scenarios to things that never occur.

    Maybe I'll be called to account for all the wrongs I inflicted. I'm not good at accounting. I failed in math.

    Huh, Charlie got in touch with me. I wonder if he was ever following the blog?

    Well, that would mean only one thing...I'll be the only one with all of the questions.

    HobobobSource URL: http://idontwanttobeanythingotherthanme.blogspot.com/2009/02/time-to-pay-taxes.html
    Visit i dont want tobe anything other than me for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive