Friday, February 27, 2009

You're in the Army Now


    I woke up this morning and wouldn't let go of the pillow.

    Now that's a first for me, because I tend to wake up, then sit up. Maybe it was because I woke up on my stomach and not on my back today. It was late for me. I like to rise before the sun, but it was well into 8:00am when I looked at the clock on the microwave.

    You know what I did...I made coffee, turned on my baby, sat on the edge of my bed looking at my little altar, then my pot of coffee. When it filled enough for a cup I poured one and took a seat behind the laptop. Later, I would get up and pop a handful of pills. I thought of my options in the next few days. I've got money saved, so I'll not be in trouble right away. This will be a long slide back out into the street, IF it happens. I don't think anything will today.

    Monday will register if I'll continue or not. I was thinking of my options if I cut loose from Social Services. I was on the Internet surfing for MRE suppliers, who sell them in bulk to the regular population at discount prices. For those of you that don't know what an MRE is, it stands for MEAL, READY TO EAT, and you'd be surprised how many websites sell the damn things. They're given to soldiers in the field as a survival tool. Basically, so that your ass won't starve if you're not near any food supplies.

    You'd be surprised how many sites sell the damn things. At MREfoods.com they have something called Mainstay rations. A pack of twenty of these motherfuckers go for $88.00. That's $4.40 a pack. Can you beat that shit? That combined with a Self heating MRE at $72.95 for a twelve pack, which boils down to $6.08 a pack. So a day's worth of food would cost 14.88 a day, and that shit would last almost a month!!!

    What's in these little, magical packs, you may ask. Well in just dealing with MREfoods.com they have an A-pack which has in it, depending on the meal: Beef Stew, or Chicken with Black beans, or Chicken Tetrazzini, or Pasta and Vegetables, with a raisin pack, cookie pack, peanut butter or cheese spread, and other shit. The biggest caloric pack contains about 1300 calories, which will keep me on my diet. Fuck. I don't know what's in the Mainstay pack but it contains about 400 calories a serving, breakfast and lunch. I think it's like one tremendous granola bar. But I'm sure I'll find out.

    A total price of $162.95. Two weeks pay for me. With the next two weeks pay for rent, that will be a months worth of 'making it', baby. That's right. I'll be making it! With a little on the side for meds. Social Services can kiss my ass. Am I getting dramatic? Nope. I'm going into survival mode. They want to play rough?? I'll play rough. IF I have to pay rent, then this is the way to go. IF I don't then I have real money for meds. I'm good to go. Then I can take my time working on my resume again without Social Services waving food and shelter in front of my face like a bone to a dog.

    Well, the Iron Wheels are a-callin'. Like I said, today will not be so bad. Aggravating, but not bad.

    I'll tell you about it later.

    HobobobSource URL: http://idontwanttobeanythingotherthanme.blogspot.com/2009/02/you-in-army-now.html
    Visit i dont want tobe anything other than me for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive