Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Canada Election 2008: Big Country, Small Minds

    15 October 2008

    Canada has held its 40th National Election.

    The outcome?

    More of the same.

    Is it time for a change?

    Yes.

    By speaking of small minds, am I referring to the intelligence of the electorate of Canada?

    No.

    Am I referring to the intelligence of our elected representatives?

    No.

    I am speaking about small imaginations.

    And in this case, I believe it is the duty of our leaders to imagine a way of life that is bigger in one or more important ways than the way of life that we as a nation lead now.

    I am thus referring to a failure of imagination at the leadership level of our country.

    And I am coping with my disappointment at the outcome of the election by attempting to articulate more precisely what it is that has failed, and how Canada's 40th Federal Election has signalled that failure.

    I will begin with the failure of imagination of the Conservative Party of Canada. But I will not end it there. The problem is bigger than the small minds of the leaders of the Conservative Party alone. As the discussion progresses, I will address the deficits of imagination of the other parties as well.

    I will not spare the question of the scope of imagination of the electorate.

    And I will thus endeavour to stretch my own imagination as well, or my plaint will be of little benefit in lifting the level of the ongoing flow of the dialogue of the nation.

    I'll have more to say later.
    _
    Source URL: http://idontwanttobeanythingotherthanme.blogspot.com/2008/10/canada-election-2008-big-country-small.html
    Visit i dont want tobe anything other than me for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive