Saturday, January 24, 2009

Countdown to Launch!!

    By Kate

    Save the Date! You’re invited to a party! A launch party. Right here in the Lair, ten days from now, on February 4.

    It’ll be huge, wild, fantastic! You won’t want to miss it. Because we’re celebrating the publication of HOMICIDE IN HARDCOVER – my first book!! After twenty years of writing, you bet I'm celebrating this one!

    And I don’t mean to brag but—oh okay, I’ll brag just a little. RT Magazine gave HOMICIDE IN HARDCOVER their highest rating and called my bookbinder protagonist, Brooklyn Wainwright, “brilliant, feisty and funny.” I hope you’ll agree!

    So that’s why we’re having a party! It’ll be unlike any party ever in the history of the Lair—because you’re all going to help me plan it!

    Now let's get serious. We’ve got some stiff competition. I mean, remember La Campbell’s incredible masquerade ball to launch Tempt the Devil? And I’m sure you recall Madame Wells’ cabana boy extravaganza starring, among others, Sven the masseur and his hunky brother, Lars for her launch of The Dangerous Duke. And speaking of dangerous, can we ever forget Jeanne’s Dark and Dangerous crazy wild office party hullabaloo? And there are so many others. I mean, you'd think this place was Parties R Us.

    So in keeping with the party spirit of the Lair, I want something big, really big, maybe even bigger than anything ever seen before! This occasion calls for a blowout, call-the-cops, raise-the-roof, wildest-ride-of-your-life shindig that will have everybody talking for years to come. Come on, twenty years in the making? This party’s got to rock the universe!

    So help me out. What’s the best party you’ve ever been to? We’re talking real life – or virtual partying, if that’s your preference. Was it an intimate soiree or did it involve a cast of thousands? Did you fly off to some exotic locale or hang out around somebody's pool? What did you wear? Who did you see there? And most importantly, what fabulous cocktails were you drinking?

    Okay, I admit I’m desperate for some great new party ideas, so I’m giving away TWO $15 Amazon gift certificates to the two most fabulous party details you’re willing to share. And if you’ve got a new drink recipe, I want to hear about it!



    And to keep the party going, be sure to stop by my newly decorated
    blog anytime in the next ten days, leave a comment and be eligible to win a fabulous book launch party package including books, Barnes & Noble gift certificate, chocolates and more!
    Source URL: http://idontwanttobeanythingotherthanme.blogspot.com/2009/01/countdown-to-launch.html
    Visit i dont want tobe anything other than me for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive