Thursday, January 29, 2009

Dredging Up The Past

    I kept pissing last night.

    I kept getting up, over and over again. I would be worried if I were you, but I am incredibly happy because I'm borderline renal failure. My body wants to hold onto liquid normally, not passing them through the kidneys into the bladder. Now with this wonderful happening, I think I'm back on the road to recovery!

    I filled two piss bottles in the space of three hours. Amazing. I kept looking at the clock. it was either between 4:00 and 6:00am. Too early to get up, so I crawled back into bed. I'm such a lazy dog. I woke up to Paula's voice in the hallway. They were bitching about there being no hot water this morning. I rose, did my exercise. All of them except for the side bridges. I just wasn't up to it. Tomorrow I'll do those first to keep from backsliding. I washed dishes in the cold water, put on some coffee and booted up.

    Checked my emails right away, breezed through them in fact. Then read my blog replies and got a good one today, from Mr. Bill: "Yeah, right! Why do you have to write a NOVEL? You have 3 years of blogs right here that is absolutely facinating!! And the timing is right to do it now. There will be more people joining you on the streets the way the economy is going, the constant layoffs...."

    I've heard this before, to get to work on making the blog into something publishable. But the enormity of the task at hand is incredible. It's just too big, too many edits, too much pruning and culling of information. There are scores of photos that have to be gone through one at a time, many, many entries are probably just too fucking boring. It would take a shitload of reading. Time, and more time on top of it.

    But then I remember reading a quote from Samuel Johnson: "Nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections must first be overcome." I happen to love that quote. I happen to love enormous tasks. Things that are involved and worthy of my full time and attention. There is a lot of work to do...so why not start now?

    Yeah, for some reason, I judged most of this time that I have on my hands surfing the web could be put to better use putting together the blog for publication. God, we're talking about a big book even if I only put in half of the entries. This will be one mother of a fucker. So I called it up and started. I worked my way through August of 2006, cutting, pasting and pruning. I wanted to do it a month at a time so that it doesn't seem too overwhelming, and it wasn't at all. It was rather enjoyable. This is my second attempt at this blog to novel thing. Let's see if this time it's sustainable.

    One thing that's for certain, it's up there in my 'changes for 2009' list.

    I think I'm going to skip therapy today and spend the day on getting this off the ground.

    My sincere thanks to EVERYONE who suggested that I should do this. It's finally gotten through to my thick skull.

    HobobobSource URL: http://idontwanttobeanythingotherthanme.blogspot.com/2009/01/dredging-up-past.html
    Visit i dont want tobe anything other than me for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive