Friday, January 16, 2009

It's Finished!!

    by Christie Kelley

    Oh, how I wish I could say I was talking about my deadline book. But I’m not. I’m referring to the endless remodel. After a year of dust, cold, noise and people everywhere, we are done!

    Now that doesn’t mean there aren’t still things to do. My office needs more decorating but right now with a deadline looming, I don’t care if my pictures aren’t hung. That will happen. After the book is finished.

    Since I promised you all pictures when I was done, here they are. I thought I’d start with a “before” picture of the outside of the house. This is what it looked like when we bought the place four years ago. We actually bought the house not liking it, but we loved the community. That’s when the remodel idea started.

    And here is the new exterior of the house...Yes, it is the same house!

    I can say after 4.5 months of living in a 12x14 room with 1 king size bed, 1 queen size bed, 1 twin bed, a table and an entertainment console, it was worth it.
    I LOVE my kitchen with two ovens, a big island and gas cooktop. I love the fact that the kids can be in the family room while I'm in the kitchen and I don’t miss a thing.
    I love my office with a door!!! I’m sitting in it right now typing this up with a glass of wine on the desk (it’s 7pm on a Friday, I’m entitled).

    So we made it. My husband and I are still married to each other. The kids don’t hate us or each other, so I think we survived. Not that is was rosy all the time. Don’t ask me about the week my husband went to St. Lucia with a friend and I was cooking in kitchen with my winter gloves on (true story).

    And the biggest compliment of all was from my 16-year-old son, who today was sitting on the couch with the laptop, he turned to me and said, “I really like this room. It’s comfortable.”

    If I have to have a point to this blog, I guess it’s that I'm happy to be able to overcome an obstacle. I think we all grew individually and as a family and for that, it was worth the hassles. Watch out, the wine is kicking in. All typos and missing words are definitely the fault of the wine.

    My question to you all is, have you ever gone through something you thought was driving you crazy only to find it made you stronger? Any other home remodelers out there?

    Source URL: http://idontwanttobeanythingotherthanme.blogspot.com/2009/01/it-finished.html
    Visit i dont want tobe anything other than me for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive